RISPERIDONE 1 MG– This medication is primarily used for treating schizophrenia and other related Mood instability disorders. The effect of Risperidone 1MG starts in the very first hour of intake. And, the effect lasts for almost 9 hours for people with a fast metabolism and 1 to 2 days for people with poor metabolism. Stopping the intake of Risperidone abruptly would result in withdrawal symptoms and hence it is suggested not to do that. Also, this medication should be taken at the same time regularly.
The excipients in Risperidone 1MG are:
- Lactose anhydrous
- Cellulose, microcrystalline
- Starch pregelatinised
- Magnesium stearate
- Hypromellose 6
- Macrogol 6000
- Titanium dioxide (E171)
Uses of Risperidone 1MG
Risperidone 1MG works by inhibiting the production of chemicals that are leading to psychotic behavior of the patient. It has a lot of promising uses. Some of those are:
- It helps in relieving the symptoms of schizophrenia, like hallucinations, delusions, disorganized motor behavior, problems with thought cognition, incoherent speech, and rapid speech, etc.
- Manic episodes caused in cases of Bipolar Disorders can also be treated using Risperidone 1MG.
- The properties of inability for speech, temper tantrums, shifting moods, repetitive movement, and lack of social interactions that are related to autism can also be treated using this medication.
- Risperidone 1MG is also used for treating renal impairment.
Special Instructions for intake
As with all medicines, there are some special instructions involved in the consumption of Risperidone 1MG. These are:
- The usage of this medication with alcohol could cause much damage to the central nervous and the respiratory system.
- Inform your doctor if you are using the following medications: Clozapine, Tramadol, Antidiabetic medicines, Antihypertensives, and Levodopa, as it may result in numerous health disasters.
- Use this medication in the exact way as described by the doctor.
- The dose, amount and time of intake should be followed closely.
- To discontinue Risperidone 1MG your doctor might gradually decrease your dosage.
- This medication is not to be shared with anyone.
Warnings for various at-risk Groups
There are several warnings for groups who might be at a risk with the intake of Risperidone 1MG. Those are:
- This medicine is not to be used for the treatment of schizophrenia in a child with age less than 13 and cannot be used for the treatment of Bipolar disorders in kids less than the age of 10 years.
- The usage of this medication is not recommended during pregnancy as it might have adverse effects. Tell your doctor immediately if you are pregnant so that he might recommend an alternative.
- The medication can reach a baby through the breast milk; Hence, Risperidone 1MG is not to be taken whilst in the breastfeeding phase.
- Patients suffering from dementia are also recommended to not take this medicine as it might result in fatal circumstances.
- The medicine is known to increase the blood sugar level or rather blood glucose level in patients, and thus discuss your ailments regarding diabetes with your doctor beforehand.
- Patients with a history of seizures are also advised against Risperidone 1MG.
Dosage of Risperidone 1MG
The dosage of Risperidone 1MG would be recommended by your doctor based on your age, medical condition, other medications you may be taking, and your response to the treatment. Be sure to tell your doctor about all the medicinal products you might be using including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, or any herbal products.
Missed Dose: If you miss a dose, it is suggested that you take the dose as soon as you remember. However, if you are closer to the time of your next dose, do not take a double dose.
Overdose: In case of overdose take the patient to the doctor in the emergency immediately. The symptoms of overdose could be as simple as drowsiness and sedation, tachycardia, and hypotension. Very serious and high overdose could result in very fatal symptoms like hyponatremia, seizures, hypokalemia, prolonged QT, and widened QRS.
Every medicine reacts with every person in a different way. Although there is a bleak chance that you might undergo through one, you should monitor your response to Risperidone 1MG at all times. The intake of Risperidone 1MG may lead to several different types of side effects, such as.
- Disorganized motor movements
- Vision changes
- Skin rashes
- Back pains
- Jumbled speech
- Loss of appetite
- Dry mouth
- Weight gain
- Body pains
- Decrease in libido
Risperidone 1MG Tablets should be stored away from children and pets and should not be shared with anyone. These should be kept away from sunlight, freezing, and moisture. Also, it should be kept at the room temperature of 15 to 25 degree Celsius.