Clonazepam 2MG Mouth Dissolving Tablet– Naclopam-2 is a medication that is classified as Benzodiazepines. It belongs to the branch of antiepileptic or anticonvulsants. Clonazepam 2MG helps treat seizures. It s also used for the treatment of panic attacks. It works by effectively calming your nerves and your brain. Scientifically speaking, this medication works by increasing the GABA (Gamma Amino-butyric acid) activity, a chemical that has a function of sending signals in the nervous system. Dosage of this drug is based on the extent of your condition, age, weight and your response to the treatment. It is mostly used with a combination of other medicines.
Uses of Clonazepam 2MG
Clonazepam 2MG is used for treating a variety of seizure disorders and panic attacks. It is used in the treatment of seizures occurring in the following forms:
- Myotonic Seizures
- Atonic Seizures
- Photosensitive Epilepsy
- Absence Seizures
- Akinetic Seizures
- Partial Seizures
- Myoclonic Seizures
- And sometimes Generalized Tonic-Clonic Seizures
In addition to the above list, Clonazepam 2MG is also used to treat seizure disorders for CNS depression, panic disorders, and Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome.
Specific Uses of Clonazepam 2MG Mouth Dissolving Tablet
It is essential to know all the details about a drug before starting to consume it. Medicines can react adversely if not used in specific conditions.
- It is important to inform your doctor about the medicines you are already taking before starting Clonazepam 2MG.
- This medication might react with the vitamin medication, pain killers or herbs you might be taking.
- It is crucial that you discuss with your doctor your allergen information. Clonazepam 2MG can cause severe allergic reactions like:
- Respiratory problems relating to breathing.
- Visible swelling in the throat or tongue.
- If you encounter an allergic reaction on this medication once, it is advised you never consume it again as it could be fatal.
- If you are suffering from depression this medication might make conditions worse. Inform your doctor about your mental history before taking this drug.
- Clonazepam 2MG might also worsen your conditions if you have acute narrow-angle glaucoma.
- If you are suffering from a disease of the liver it is recommended you do not consume this medication at all.
- Women in their pregnancies can react very adversely with this drug. It should be used only if the conditions of the mother are at peak danger levels.
Preventative Information and Necessary Precautions
There is some vital information that is important to heed while using this drug. Some of the points that you should keep in mind while on this medication is given as follows:
- Before starting the usage of this medication you need to intimate your doctor about allergen information, medical history, any history of blood, kidney or liver diseases.
- Your doctor will also need to be informed about the mental problems or history of drug abuse-related family history before you start to Clonazepam 2MG
- If you are going for surgery, your doctor or dentist needs to be informed about all the medication you are taking.
- This drug is known to make people feel drowsy and dizzy; therefore, alcohol and marijuana/cannabis consumption with this drug will make you your condition worse.
- If you are under the influence of alcohol or any drug while on this medication you must avoid driving and using heavy machinery.
- There could be a case in which if you have multiple seizure disorders, Clonazepam 2MG initially might worsen your condition of seizures. You should discuss your doctor about the dosage of the medicine if this happens.
- If you start to show symptoms of any side effects, you are advised to consult your doctor right away.
- Do not give this medicine to anybody. Sharing this medicine is strictly prohibited by the law.
How to Consume Clonazepam 2MG
- Take the medication exactly as described by your doctor
- The medicine can be cut or crushed
- The medicine will dissolve in the mouth
- It is recommended that you take the drug on the timings suggested by your doctor and take it regularly at the same time daily.
Dosage of Clonazepam 2MG Mouth Dissolving Tablet
You are suggested to take this medication exactly as instructed by your doctor. For the medicine to work effectively use it regularly and try not to miss any doses. In exceptional cases such as:
- Missed Dose: as with most neuropsychiatry medicines, take Clonazepam 2MG carefully and preferably at the same time every day. In the case of dose missed, it is suggested you take it as soon as you remember. If you remember about your missed dose closer to the timing of your next dose, do not take a double dose.
- Overdose: it is highly recommended that you take your doses carefully. In case a person has overdosed, there are some symptoms that might warn you so you can rush the patient to the hospital. Symptoms of overdose involve drowsiness, dizziness, trouble breathing, immobility, slow or decreased reflexes, confusion and loss of consciousness.
Side Effects of Clonazepam 2MG
In the case of occurrence of any side effect you are advised to consult your doctor. Common side effects that occur while on Clonazepam may include:
- Problems relating to walking and coordination
- Problems with memory
Some of the very serious side effects include:
- Suicidal thoughts and depression
- A spike in the number and frequency of seizures.
How to Store Clonazepam 2MG
Clonazepam 2MG should be kept away from light and moisture. It should be kept away from children and pets. Store this medication in a cool and dry environment with temperature ranging from 15 to 30 degree Celsius.