Duloxetine 30 MG– This medication is a selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor antidepressant (SSNRI). It only comes in the form of an oral capsule. And, it is widely used to treat major depressive disorders generally in adults. This drug is also recommended by doctors to treat fibromyalgia. In addition, Duloxetine 30 MG is used by people over the age of 7 years to treat anxiety disorders as well. This medication has several uses which will be discussed below.
Uses of Duloxetine 30 MG
This medication is used in treating the chemical imbalances of hormones in the brain. Its specific uses are given below.
- Duloxetine finds its purpose in treating joint pains, which may include pain in the lower back or osteoarthritis pains.
- It is also used to treat the chronic and widespread pain caused by fibromyalgia.
- And, Duloxetine 30 mg is also used to treat pains caused by some nerve damages in adults, mostly because of diabetes.
- The primary use of Duloxetine 30 mg; however, is to treat depression disorders.
- Lastly, it is also used for treating anxiety disorders.
Composition of Duloxetine 30 MG
Every Tablet of our Dunal 30- Duloxetine 30 MG has the below-mentioned composition.
- Enteric-coated pellets of 33.7mg of Duloxetine hydrochloride
- FD&C Blue No. 2
- Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose acetate succinate
- Sodium lauryl sulfate
- Sugar spheres
- Titanium dioxide
- Triethyl citrate
Important Specifics for Usage
There are some factors you will need to keep in mind while on this medication. These are very important to know before your intake of this medication.
- Duloxetine 30 MG should not be taken before the span of 5 days or 14 days later than an intake of MAO inhibitors like isocarboxazid, linezolid, methylene blue injection, phenelzine, rasagiline, selegiline, or tranylcypromine. This might have fatal results in addition with Duloxetine 30 mg.
- Some people reported increased suicidal thoughts in the early stages of use of Duloxetine 30 MG.
- You must consult your doctor if you are experiencing a number of suicidal thoughts.
- Also, you must report your doctor about any changes in your symptoms while taking this medication.
- In any case, you must not start or stop using Duloxetine 30 MG without consulting your doctor.
Preventative Measures to be undertaken for Duloxetine 30 MG Usage
While using any medication, you need to know the ideal state in which to use the said medicine. Therefore, with Duloxetine 30 MG to you need to know the following facts:
- Firstly, Duloxetine 30 MG should not be used by anyone younger than 7 years.
- Do not intake this drug if you are allergic to any product in its composition.
- Your doctors should know if you are using stimulants such as an opioid medicine, any herbal products, and any drugs for depression.
- Also, your doctor should know about your history with or are taking medication for any mental illness and or if you have ailments such as Parkinson’s disease, migraine headaches, and some serious infections.
- And, also inform your doctor about any medications you might be taking to prevent nausea and vomiting.
- Usage of Duloxetine 30 MG during pregnancy could cause numerous tribulations such as breathing problems, feeding problems, seizures. Most importantly, it could lead to complications with the baby to be born.
- Your name might make it to a registry to examine Duloxetine 30 MG’s effect on the baby.
- It is not safe to breastfeed while on this medication.
- Thus, tell your doctor right away if you are pregnant.
Information to be provided to the Recommending Doctor
Your doctor absolutely needs to know if you have any of these problems:
- A seizure disorder
- Bleeding problems
- Liver or kidney disease
- Narrow-angle glaucoma
- Manic Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Drug Addiction
- Experience with suicidal thoughts
- Slow Digestion
Dosage of Duloxetine 30 MG
If the usage of Duloxetine 30 MG is stopped suddenly, you may experience a relapse of depression. It could lead to experiencing nausea, dizziness, diarrhea, irritability, and also, anxiety). Your doctor will gradually change the amount of the dose.
It is strictly suggested that you do not take a double dose at one time. In case you miss a dose, you may take the dose immediately when you remember it. However, if you remember the missed dose at a time close to the time of your next dose, you may miss the dose.
Overdose symptoms for your family and friends to know to include severe drowsiness, seizures, fainting, fast-beating heart or even coma. Overdose of this drug is highly suggested against. If you do overdose ask for medical help immediately.
User Information for Duloxetine 30 MG
Driving or usage of any other heavy machinery or any hazardous activity should be avoided until you know the scope of effects of the medicine. More user information is given below.
- It is suggested that you do not suddenly get up too quickly from a lying or sitting position, or you might end up feeling dizzy.
- This dizziness could cause you to fall and lead to you getting injured accidentally.
- Drinking with the usage of this medication must be avoided. Alcohol will increase the risk of liver damage.
- Also, you should ask your doctor before using an anti-inflammatory drug like ibuprofen, aspirin, naproxen, celecoxib, diclofenac, indomethacin, meloxicam, and any others.
- Using an anti-inflammatory drug with Duloxetine 30 MG might cause you to bruise and bleed easily.
Side Effects of Duloxetine 30 MG
Allergic Reaction: If you are allergic to any of the components of Duloxetine 30 MG, you would experience hives, difficulty in breathing, swelling in your face or throat, a severe skin reaction, fever, red or purple skin rashes with blistering or peeling, burning eyes, or skin pain.
General Side Effects: These would include symptoms such as mood/behavioral changes, anxiety, panic attacks, restlessness, feeling agitated or hostile, mental or physical hyperactivity, trouble sleeping, and depressing thoughts of hurting yourself or of suicide.
Rigorous Side Effects: If you have any of these side effects you should immediately contact your doctor.
- Vision changes.
- Easy bruising and unusual amount of bleeding.
- Difficult and painful urination.
- A lightheaded feeling of passing out.
- Pounding heartbeats.
- Impotence or other sexual problems
- Liver problems involving pain in the upper right side of the stomach, itching, dark urine, or jaundice, etc.
- Low sodium level in the body, leading to headache, confusion, slurred speech, severe weakness, loss of coordination, the feeling of being unsteady and vomiting.
- Experiencing a Manic episode involving increased energy levels, thoughts racing, reckless behavioral issues, feeling extremely happy or extremely irritable, talking more than usual, and severe sleeping problems, etc.
You must not stop using Duloxetine 30 MG without the permission of your doctor. To discontinue the use of this drug, your doctor will gradually lower the dosage over time. The various withdrawal symptoms may include:
- Paresthesia (a burning or prickling sensation, particularly in the limbs)
This medication is only to be taken when prescribed. It is not to be shared with anyone. Dispose of the medication after your doctor recommends discontinuation by giving the medication to a pharmacist. Duloxetine 30 MG needs to be stored away from children and pets. Also, it needs to be stored in a dry and cool place away from light.