Duloxetine 20 MG- Duloxetine cures the chemical imbalances of the brain. It is used mainly as an anti-depressant for the treatment of major depressive disorders. It is used as an anti-anxiety drug to treat anxiety disorders in both children and adults above the age of 7 years. It is also recommended by doctors for the treatment of arthritis, osteoarthritis pain, back pains, joint pains and even fibromyalgia (a condition in which the pain in the body is chronic and affects a large area). Duloxetine is also an effective drug used to relieve nerve pains in people suffering from diabetes. Duloxetine is scientifically speaking, a Selective Serotonin and Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitor Antidepressant (SSNRI).
Uses of Duloxetine
Duloxetine finds its purpose in the areas concerning cerebral imbalances. Its Uses of Duloxetine such as:
- Treatment of major depression issues and anxiety disorders.
- It helps in the treatment of various chronic pains like back pains and joint pains.
- It helps in the treatment of fibromyalgia, which is a widespread musculoskeletal pain that brings with it restlessness, sleep and memory dysfunctions, and mood swings.
- Duloxetine is also used to treat nerve damage occurring in people with diabetes.
- As an anti-anxiety drug, it helps in lowering nervousness levels in a person. It also acts as a mood stabilizer and helps in decreasing irritability.
- It is also known to improve your appetite, sleep schedule, and overall mental health.
- It also improves the energy levels of a person.
Composition of Duloxetine 20MG Tablets
Every tablet of duloxetine has the following chemical composition:
- Hypromellose 6 cP
- Titanium dioxide (E171)
- Indigotine (E132)
- Ink (shellac, black iron oxide (E172), propylene glycol, concentrated ammonia solution, potassium hydroxide)
- Hypromellose phthalate
- Triethyl citrate
Specific Uses of Duloxetine 20 MG
As with all medicines, duloxetine also carries with it some compatibility issues. Using it in some conditions may be particularly harmful.
- Duloxetine is to be taken only when it is prescribed by a doctor.
- The dosage instructions given by the doctor are to be followed carefully.
- The medicine is to be ingested from the mouth as directed by your doctor 1 or 2 times a day, before or after meals.
- The dosage recommended by the doctor may vary depending upon things like your response to the treatment, the extent of the condition and age, etc.
- If you have an ongoing medication already, discuss its usage with your doctor as he might recommend you discontinue it.
- Duloxetine 20MG is not to be taken in less than 14 days since you had taken an MAO inhibitor like linezoid, phenelzinne, rasagiline, methyl blue injection, isocarboxacid or tranylcypromine, etc.
- Taking duloxetine while pregnant might cause many problems relating to your breathing and feeding which might even lead to complications in the newborn baby. Do tell the doctor immediately if you get pregnant in the span of usage of this medicine.
- It also might have harmful effects on the baby if you breast-feed while using the drug.
Necessary Preventative Measures
As mentioned before duloxetine should be used in favorable conditions for your safety and also for it to work efficiently. These tips should be kept in mind while making use of this medicine:
- The tablet is to be swallowed whole, it is not to be chewed or taken in a crushed form.
- Taking a dosage in a higher amount than prescribed could cause major problems. It could cause the medicine to become ineffective. It could also lead to many side effects.
- Duloxetine 20 MG is a slow-acting drug and could take up to 4 weeks to show visible results.
- The directions of your doctor and the directions written on the packaging are to be followed carefully.
- It is recommended to have your blood pressure levels checked once and again.
Stopping the use of duloxetine if feeling better or at ease could also cause some problems in health like headache, confusion, nausea, diarrhea, and dizziness. It could also lead to a spike in anxiety levels.
Dosage of Duloxetine 20 MG
Overdose of duloxetine, taken alone or with a combination of other medicines could prove to be very harmful and even fatal over the consumption of 1000mg. Overdose can cause visible symptoms, for example, vomiting, shivering, twitching, depreciating coordination, talking or acting in a frenzy of uncontrolled excitement, fainting, trouble in breathing, drowsiness seizures, and even coma, etc.
If you have any doubts relating to the dosage consult your doctor immediately. If you miss a dose try and take it as soon as you possibly can. If you remember that you missed a dose close to the timing of your next dose then you may skip the forgotten dose and take the next one according to schedule.
Discontinuing Duloxetine could cause withdrawal symptoms as in any other effective anti-depressant. It could have many adverse effects like dizziness and nausea accompanied by gastric disturbances like vomiting, indigestion, hyperhidrosis, and myalgia, etc. stopping the usage of this drug could also cause sleep disturbances like insomnia, intense dreaming to name a few. Gradual discontinuation in this type of medication is recommended by experts by decreasing the dose and eventually causing complete discontinuation. If there are symptoms that you may be going through these symptoms, it is essential to let your doctor know immediately.
Side Effects of Consumption of Duloxetine 20 MG
Medicines react with all human bodies differently and show different results with different people. It is wise to know the side effects of the medicine you are consuming and it is crucial to tell your doctor if you are faced with one.
Common side effects that are experienced while taking Duloxetine 20MG are:
- Loss of appetite
- Dry mouth
- An increase in sweating
- Constipation or diarrhea.
- Some of the more complicated and less frequently occurring side effects of Duloxetine would be:
- Experiencing loud and pounding heartbeats or irregular heartbeats.
- Hallucinations or changes in visions.
- Urinary problems like pain while passing urine.
- Bleeding easily and more than usual.
- May subject you to mood swings and behavioral changes.
- May cause anxiety issues and panic attacks.
- Experiencing sexual problems like impotence.
- Swelling on the face, the eyelids, lips, the tongue, the throat, limbs or the genitals and feeling of hives.
- Change in the color of stool
- Eye pain and redness of eyes.
- Irritation in the skin and the eyes.
How to Storage Duloxetine 20 MG?
Dunal- Duloxetine is to be stored in cool and dry conditions. It should be ideally kept away from moisture and light. The medication should be kept away from children and pet animals at all times. It should be discarded in the conditions pertaining to the expiration of medication or discontinuation only.