Clonazepam 0.25 MG Mouth Dissolving Tablet– This medication is essentially belonging to a class of Benzodiazepines. It is primarily used to treat seizures and panic disorders. Generally, Clonazepam 0.25 mg is involved in combination therapy. In combination therapy, Clonazepam 0.25 mg is used in a combination with one or more medicines.
Uses of Clonazepam 0.25 MG
Clonazepam 0.25MG is used for many purposes including:
- It is used to treat seizure disorders occurring due to epilepsy.
- The drug does not necessarily cures seizures but it makes them less frequent.
- The types of seizures it is used to prevent are Myotonic Seizures, Atonic Seizures, Photosensitive Epilepsy, Absence Seizures, Akinetic Seizures, Partial Seizures, Myoclonic Seizures, and sometimes Generalized Tonic-Clonic Seizures.
- In addition to that, it is also very helpful in treating seizures occurring due to CNS depression.
- Also, it is taken to treat panic attacks and Lennox-Gas taut Syndrome.
How Clonazepam 0.25 mg works
People who lack the amount of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) in their nervous system may always display an excited state and hence are vulnerable to panic disorders and seizures. Clonazepam 0.25 mg increases the activity of GABA, which is responsible for giving out nerve signals throughout the body. Thus with more amount of GABA in your body, you would experience fewer seizures and panic attacks.
Preventative Measures for Clonazepam 0.25 MG Usage
There are certain specifics involved which when followed could lead to ideal result while taking a medication. Using the below-mentioned substances with this drug could increase your chances of experiencing side effects. Some of the preventative measures to be cautious about while on Clonazepam 0.25 mg are:
- Using other Benzodiazepines on the side such as lorazepam, clonazepam, triazolam, and midazolam could make you feel very drowsy and dizzy.
- Using Opioids is highly suggested against while on Clonazepam 0.25mg. This could put you at a high vulnerability for breathing disorders, drowsiness, coma, and even death.
- Other medicinal compositions like Barbiturate and nonbarbiturate sleep drugs, such as amobarbital, butabarbital, eszopiclone, pentobarbital, zaleplon, and zolpidem could make you feel highly nausea and drowsy.
- With medications like Tricyclic antidepressants, such as amitriptyline and nortriptyline could also make you feel dizzy and drowsy.
- Other drugs used to treat seizures, such as gabapentin and pregabalin could also lead to you feeling highly drowsy.
- Also, Clonazepam 0.25 mg should not be used with any drugs used to treat anxiety such as buspirone and
- Alcohol consumption should be avoided while on Clonazepam 0.25 mg. It may make you feel dizzy and highly drowsy.
Information to be provided to the Recommending Doctor
If your doctor recommends you Clonazepam 0.25 mg, there is certain information you should provide him so that he can make certain adjustments to your doses.
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from depression. Because there are chances that it might get worse while you take Clonazepam 0.25 mg.
- Also, your doctor needs to know if you are suffering from Narrow- Angle Glaucoma. It might lead to your conditions worsening.
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any kind of Liver disease. Your body might not react in a good way to the medication.
- If you are pregnant, let your doctor know immediately as this drug has been studied and shown that it may have adverse effects on the baby.
- For breastfeeding mothers, it is important that you tell your doctor that you are breastfeeding your child as this medication can pass on to the baby and cause side effects in the child that is being fed.
- If you are older than the age of 64, let your doctor know because he may not recommend Clonazepam 0.25 mg for the risk of you not being able to process this medicine efficiently.
- People younger than the age of 18 years should not be recommended this medicine.
- Clonazepam 0.25 may lead to you having suicidal thoughts, let your doctor know about all symptoms.
Dosage of Clonazepam 0.25 MG
The recommended doses of Clonazepam 0.25 mg is twice per day. If your doctor were to discontinue the medication, he would decrease your dosage gradually. The use of this dose is recommended to be taken at the same time daily. The dosage recommended to you will depend upon:
- Your age
- The extent of the condition being treated
- The nature of the ailment.
- Other medical conditions you may be suffering from.
- Your reaction to the medicine.
Missed Dose: If you miss a dose take it as soon as you remember. However, if you are closer to the timing of your next dose, you must not take a double dose. You may feel withdrawal symptoms if you do miss a dose.
Overdose: Taking multiple doses of Clonazepam 0.25 mg is highly suggested against. The symptoms of overdosing may include:
- Mental Confusion
- Hampered coordination and slow reflexes
- Cyclic coma
- Muscle weakness
- Respiratory problems
- Low Blood Pressure
User Information for Clonazepam 0.25 MG
The intake of Clonazepam 0.25 mg should be taken in the below-mentioned conditions:
- Clonazepam 0.25 mg can be taken with or without food, as per the recommendation of your doctor.
- You can both crush or cut the tablet. The tablet is mouth dissolving.
- It is recommended that you take this medication exactly at the time prescribed by the doctor.
- If you are taking some other medication for any other reason, even an anti-inflammatory medicine, let your doctor know.
- The consumption of opioids and alcohol is highly suggested against this drug.
- Always carry the medication with you.
Side Effects of Clonazepam 0.25 MG
Common Side effects:
- Problems of coordination
- Irritability and aggression
- Excessive Fatigue
- Problems with memory or gaps in memory
Serious Side Effects:
- Suicidal thoughts or thoughts of harming and hurting yourself.
- The frequency of seizures may increase if you stop taking this drug suddenly.
- Short Term Memory Loss.
Withdrawal and Tolerance with Clonazepam 0.25 mg
Long term use of this medicine may increase the chances of withdrawal. Therefore it is recommended for a short period of times for epilepsy. Withdrawal seizures may also occur along with psychosis in severe withdrawal scenarios. Therefore doctors are recommended to gradually decrease the amount of dosage in patients.
This medication is to be kept away from people below the age of 18 years. Keep the medication away from children and pets. It should be stored in dry and cool areas with temperature ranging from 15 to 0 degree Celsius.